Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6mt

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
47K is not low mileage.

I have no doubt the car is immaculate and very much improved by what you have done to it. The problem with selling modified cars is that a very large proportion (like 90% or more) of collectors don't want modded cars; the more they are modded, the less they are considered desirable.

You might well find someone who just wants to drive the car and who will appreciate everything you have done to it/for it, and as a result will pay for it.

However, the most likely outcome is that you would be very lucky to get private seller blue book when it comes time for the purchaser to actually write a check, given the fact that a lot of buyers won't even consider a car like this.

Good luck.
You are correct, which is why I figured I'll just see who may (or may not) be interested. Let's not forget I'm just throwing out some rough numbers. I would only sell the car to an enthusiast in the first place who is going to properly enjoy and take care of it, so that does rule out 90% of buyers. To the right buyer I may very well sell for even 25k but who knows. If the timing was right, if there was an M3 I really wanted that I could get my grubby mitts on, then maybe.

I had an Acura TL Type-S that I had about $24k into on top of the price of the car ($21k), and eventually had to sell it to buy a house and dumped it for $16k. Trust me, I know better than most how the mod game goes when selling cars, lol. That money never comes back and relatively speaking I lost more on that transaction than most people who buy and mod cars because I did a custom NA engine build at a reputable shop.

I'm with you, though. I don't expect a ton of interest and it's just an option for me so I figured what the hell. It's purely an enthusiast-only car at this point.