07-07-2015, 10:13 PM   #5
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_cars View Post
You are correct, which is why I figured I'll just see who may (or may not) be interested . . . .

I'm with you, though. I don't expect a ton of interest and it's just an option for me so I figured what the hell. It's purely an enthusiast-only car at this point.
A "few" months ago I bought a modified BMW performance car (will not better identify it as I do not want it associated with me) that I foolishly thought could be "de-modded" and that the low mileage on the car would justify all that. One look at the thing when it arrived dissuaded even my mechanic from considering to go further; he told me to dump it and to take whatever loss was necessary to be rid of it. The story is not yet finished and I am going to be out a LOT of money.

I have been told that this is not a rare event when it comes to those who buy modified cars without knowing what they are getting into.

My personal opinion is that modifying a car is a labor of love and as such it is almost like getting married. Once you go beyond a certain point you are basically stuck with the results of what you have done.

Now, I don't think there is anything wrong with this, that is, if you buy a car and you want to mod it, I say, "more power to ya." I think it is great that someone wants to put their own personality onto a car like this.

The problem is that when circumstances or opinions change, and the modder wants to get rid of his creation, it is hard to find very many other people who are seeking a car modified like that.

So, you end up getting shellacked.

And maybe the next time you decide not to do anything like that again. Or, you might decide you had so much fun doing it, that you enjoyed the car you created so much that it all was worth it and you would do it again, in a heartbeat, and who cares what the cost was?

I have no problem with that, either.
Appreciate 0