07-08-2015, 04:31 PM   #9
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
I don't see the point of posting your unrelated experience here in effort to dissuade people or to simply vent your frustration. This is not the place for that.
This was not a "for sale" thread, this was a "Feeler" thread.

I would not post a negative comment on a "real" for sale listing unless I thought a seller was being intentionally dishonest or misleading, which this OP obviously was NOT.

As a thread soliciting feedback, it is fully appropriate. I hope that I can spare some other people the experience I am going through right now. Fortunately, I can afford the lesson I am receiving, however many here probably would not be so fortunate as to be in that position.

There are several heavily modded M3 cars for sale on ebay right now, some with ridiculous pricing where the seller seems to think he or she can get back most of their modding expenses, when in reality they have DESTROYED the resale value of cars they are selling. Only a collector is going to pay the kinds of prices I am talking about in those cases, and no collector with any sense would buy them. In one of the most extreme cases, the modder has turned his vehicle into one that can't pass emissions testing (he tried multiple times), and he doesn't even know which of the things he did to the car that produced that result :-)

I am not telling anyone not to buy the particular car being discussed by the OP. I am, however, suggesting that unless you know exactly what you are buying, you are much better off buying a used or collectible vehicle in STOCK form.
Appreciate 0