View Single Post
      12-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #9
Night1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
A disconnect between the tach and vehicle speed that's noticeable in the higher gears is almost certainly the clutch slipping. Take the tech for a ride and let him see it first hand.

One other question:

Does it do this all the time, or just after the car has been parked for a while? I'm wondering if you've got a leak from the slave cylinder that's getting on the clutch and allowing it to slip. It seems like I've heard of this happening before, but I'm not positive.

Let us know how it turns out. :w00t:
I did take the head tech and another technician for a ride. This issue happens all the time, regardless of whether the car has been parked for a while. For instance, I drove the car for an hour before I dropped it off at service and I was still able to replicate the problem in front of the techs.

I agree that this is probably caused by the clutch slipping, that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocinek View Post
The only possibilities are either your clutch is slipping, or tires are spinning.
There is no tire spin at all (especially at higher speeds and gears) so it is probably the clutch.

Thank you all for your advice! :headbang: Now if I only I can convince BMW.......
Appreciate 0