09-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #1097
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozza View Post
I've got some time up my sleeve, but I'm not budging much on price. It's already a good price.
Sure you'll drop your price, because you want to sell the car. Cars are like girlfriends, once you're over them, you just can't kick them to the curb fast enough!

There is always that balance of setting a price that is aggressive enough to minimise the time taken to have the transaction over with (and costs of advertising, interruption to your usual lifestyle) vs getting the best price for the car you reasonably can.

Complicating this is that every day your car sits there for sale, it is worth less and less.

It's not an easy balance to strike. What can make it harder is if you struggle with the dynamics of the seller/buyer relationship and the balance of power.

You can stick to your guns all you like as a seller, and insist to all and sundry that redbook is wrong, the people looking at the ad are wrong, the people who come to look at it are wrong. And you are right. OR you can take yourself out of the equation (As much as that is possible) and just view it as one of many financial transactions you will make in your life.

It's just a car. Sell it and move on!

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0