View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
Gimlet
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM 135i

Okay, so I have both of the same issues..the roll back at stoplights, and the stutter step when cold. I'll start the car, let it warm for a few minutes, then casually drive out of my neighborhood, not exceeding typically 20mph. It's when I turn out onto the main road, the first few seconds of accelearation that I'll get a strange hiccup...it honestly feels like a misfire, but I have plugs less than a year old, and have had the injectors replaced. I'm still on the OE HPFP however. It does seem that once the car is warm this behavior stops.

I didn't put the 2 together, but now I am thinking perhaps I should do a tranny flush? Could the cold tranny fluid (it has been extremely cold here lately) be causing this? I've changed to Redline in my previous manual trans cars, and have heard good things about BG products as well.

Details - '08 Step, 39k mi. Cobb S2+ with FBO, running only full-petrol 93 since I bought it. The latter is one reason why I think my HPFP has never needed to be changed, but that is just hypothesis.

Last edited by Gimlet; 02-01-2013 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0