Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520176

Look at the 4th and 5th pic on the link above. Can you tell which it is? I think it's a PS2. Doesn't the SS have very aggressive rubber and perform horribly in the rain? If so, I doubt they will put that tire on the car from the factory. I drove a 2010 GT3 last year and it had SS's that were terrible in the rain, even Porsche warned the owner of the car.

All the feed back I have read on PS2's is that the wet weather traction has been great. I have not seen anyone complain about these tires in the wet or dry. Other than one 1addict member who tracked his 120d. These Michelins are great street tires.

I know on my PS3's the wet weather traction is GREAT. Almost as good as dry weather traction. Michelin's Pilot Sport tires are very, very good tires indeed. And I expect them to be also outstanding when they are 80% worn out too. I think that is a great mark of great tires. Any tire can feel good when new, but down the road quality - is where it counts for me.

Here are some photos of the thread design. They all look very simular to my eye.

PS2's
Name:  PS2s.jpg
Views: 16627
Size:  155.1 KB

Pilot Super Sports
Name:  michelinpilotsupersport.jpg
Views: 9266
Size:  155.7 KB

PS3's
Name:  michelin-pilot-sport-3_100306490_l.jpg
Views: 17074
Size:  163.6 KB

Name:  image_8289.jpg
Views: 15100
Size:  138.6 KB

There IS a reason why BMW and Porsche choose to use Michelin's as OE tires on their highest performing car models. I really belive that these Michelin's are in a class of their own.

Btw... OP - all of the pre-production 1M's I have seen, have had PS2's tires. Hope that helps.

Dackel
Appreciate 0