View Single Post
      09-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #5
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
Hi. I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Tim & I'm an addict. Feels like my first AA meeting... Though I've made several posts to this site this is my first thread.

Well part of my 135 turned up yesterday! The performance wheel I ordered from the US. The discs & other miscelaneous bits (luggage mat, blinds, lifting pads, coat hanger etc) shouldn't be far behind. The actual car is due in town on Oct 14 & delivery some time after that.

Being reasonably mechanically proficient, I'm wondering if it's worth trying to install the wheel & rotors myself when the car arrives. I may save on some installation charges & gain a sense of satisfaction but I'm also not sure what this may do to my warranty. I've read the simple, concise instructions posted by some of the guys in the US but have some reservations about fitting the wheel, in particular after reading on another Aus post the difficulties Swift135 & his dealer had with wires missing from his 135 steering column and re-programming needed for the computer(s). If I lived in Victoria I think I'd definitely be going to Andrew from SouthernBM for parts & fitting - but I don't. Did Andrew have the same issues or has anybody else had issues with their install/warranty?

Cheers,Tim.
No i didn't have any issues and did not need to program the car. Do not use the USA instructions and your off to a good start!

As always if you need me, give me a call.

I'll be installing another 2 in a couple of weeks.:thumbup:
Appreciate 0