07-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #46
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz135i View Post
I can't figure out how they installed my PPK a few weeks ago, yet my car was produced in March 2012. My boyfriend seems to think they either didn't really install it, or they gave me the wrong thing (which I find impossible). When I initially got the car in June, I went to get the Dinan tune and when they hooked it up to the computer, they got an error because of some "new software" that Dinan has not been able to figure out yet. So, if I have this new software, how did I get the PPK?? I find this all so confusing!

Is there a way I can confirm which version software my car has?
Noop. That is the problem. Life would be so much easier IF we could read the SW level of our cars. And then compare it after a "service".

Right now only a dealer or an indo with a GT1 scan tool can read the SW level.

When BMW first came out with this anti-tuner SW... it use to be that it changed your DSC light (when turned off fully!) to a skidding car. But later on some member reported BMW stopped doing that.

Also IF you let out some air from one of the tires... the new TPMS will point to that low tire. I am not sure IF this is still the case with BMW latest SW flash.

Dack
Appreciate 0