View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #3
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Extract View Post
Excellent, a solid build thread for the E82.

I only have a few comments to add. Are your wheels 17x8.5 ET40 all around? If so, that ET40 is going to kill your fitment in the back. You may be stuck with a 235/40/17 in order to not kill your fenders. I'm at -1.6* camber in the rear, and when I tried to test fit my 17x8.5 ET40, with 255/40 RS3, it wasn't even close.

In your tire debate, go with Z2's. Not sure if you remember, but I'm originally from the OVR-SCCA as well. Z2's have a broader temp range, and are superior for AutoX. Even out here, I'm getting crushed in the street tire classes with my RS3's. Almost everyone is on Z2's, or Rivals.

Do the TCK's come with camber plates? If not, once again you're going to hit fitment issues. Just eying it, you'll need at least -1.5* up front to fit 245's, maybe a tick more.
Good questions.

Yes, the wheels will be 17x8.5 ET40 all around.

Fenders are going to be rolled, and I confirmed fitment with TC and APEX before ordering. Ideally I wanted 17x9, but didn't have the offset to make it work

I was planning on getting around -2* in the rear...How bad was your fitment?

What car did you drive at OVR? I never remember a 135 driving....

I ran RS3s for 2 years on the Z4M and absolutely loved them, they held temperature like none other, and I put down some serious good results (I placed 4th in Gov Cup this year). However at the end of their life (when I started cording them) the grip dropped off a cliff and in the cold they just sucked.

I don't know if you follow tire tech much, but rumors about Hankook and Dunlop both that they are changing their compounds for this year, so it will be interesting how the Hankooks are this year.

RS3s isn't a good camber limited tire, it loves camber...that is how the sidewall deflects to get maximum grip.

The TCK DAs (i'm looking at them right now) do indeed come with caster/camber plates. I plan on running around -3* camber...so front fitment won't be an issue
Appreciate 0