09-01-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmDrei View Post
Hi group,

10.500km (6.524 miles) and it looks like my HPFP is showing the first oddities.

3-4 weeks ago, I had about a week, where the revolution speed directly after starting the engine would osscilate about 1.000 rpm. Be the engine hot or cold. Press the accelerator once and it was gone. The shop checked the car for saved errors, nothing. Yesterday morning when starting, the starter runs but the engine doesn't fire. As if there was no ignition. Stop the starter, start again and it fires up as if nothing had ever happened. BMW now wants data collected from my car. Fuel pressures in various driving conditions. Now what does that tell me?

Anyone else show similar signs?

Oh... and btw... my front brake dics didn't even make the 10.000km mark. They had to be replaced after approx. 9.000km. BMW is actually trying to tell me, that it must have been someting I did to their "technology derived from the racetrack" brake discs. Sure. I braked. Hard. And more than once. The pads didn't like that and killed the discs.

I'm still impressed by the car. BMWs (BMWs mind you, NOT my dealers) failure handling is... eeerrr... let's say "not impressive".
I have the same issue with my front rotors (7500km) and probably need to have them replaced. I will ask them to put on the sportpads as these seem to be able to handle the heat much better and don't ruin the brake disc.

Good luck with the engine issue, please keep us informed. As it is the N54, it could be injectors or HPFP... Till now I have had zero issues with the engine.

Still loving my car
Appreciate 0