View Single Post
      09-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #977
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Thank you. I really appreciate the well wishes.

You are absolutley right. they must have been watching for a couple weeks at least, because they knew to bring a bolt cutter to cut the lock/chain I use to secure my bike.

Also, my work hours are pretty erratic, so they plotted for the perfect time to strike. bastards.

Still have a little less that 3 months left of good riding weather, so I REALLY am torn between going out to get a replacement now, wait for the insurance to do their thing before picking up a replacement (6-8 weeks)... or maybe just curbing my erge to ride to avaiod going through this again when someone decides to stalk my neighborhood again for potential bike thefts.
Sorry to hear about the bike thefts. I purposely didn't get any bikes until I had a garage to put them in. I know not everyone is able to get a place with a garage. I know some people who get first floor apartments to be able to push their bikes in and out of or a house with a walk out basement. It sucks you have to do this but it's the unfortunate reality of motorcycling.

As far as casing out your place, it doesn't matter. Stealing a bike by experienced thieves is easy work. Even with security chains, this won't stop professional thieves. It just takes them moments to cut through any locks or chains and then a few seconds to toss the bike into a van with a mattress to cushion the bike.
Appreciate 0