View Single Post
      02-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #11
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Z View Post

1) I haven't had time to re-tune my 3Sixty.2 but initial impressions are very good. There is still an element of boomy-ness to the system but the punch and raw power are way up. I can turn the system a lot louder before I hear the distortion creeping in. Its powerful enough that it vibrates my pants and kinda tickles the hairs on my legs. Its a bit crashy when listening outside the car but I have to do some tuning. 2) I have yet to figure out a way to keep the sub from tapping the foam bottom on the carpet. Any suggestions are welcome that don't include cutting the carpet. The seat rails are the biggest hinderance, since they force the carpet down closer to the sub. When REALLY cranking it I can hear the sub flutter against the carpet producing distortion. 3) Anything below about 2/3 maximum gain its not noticeable.
1) The SWS-8 works the best if bandpassed between 35Hz and 150Hz. All that "boominess" comes from trying to work outside that range.

The 3SIXTY.2 can do that without any problem.

2) This really works to eliminate the carpet rattle as posted in the link above:

3) There's no need to adjust the gain of the PDX for the SWS-8, it can remain at minimum or at the most 1/4. The SWS-8 tight "punch" will come from adjusting the EQ bands between the band pass and by increasing the output level of the 3SIXTY.2.

Appreciate 0