View Single Post
      08-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #10
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM

Had a similar issue of damage to my car during dealer storage and then subsequent damage to the car during repair process.

I've posted details elsewhere, if you are using BMW dealers/network/contractors then surely its better to get the damage repaired by them and then ask for reasonable compensation from the dealership. I.e cost of loan vehicle reimbursed and not "distress" etc. We all know accidents happen and looks like two incidents though unfortunate are not linked. At least the first was bad luck. Second not great.

I had my roof dented by body shop whilst removing bird poo etching. Had new BMW loan car arranged for free as many days as I needed despite short notice foe initial work. Further remedial work carried out at my home. And I returned their loaner with an empty tank and claimed back £300 for detailing work that needed to be repeated. No further hassle from dealer. I too thought they'd keep cocking up. But they did achieve a good result in the end.

No piss was taken, no lawyers involved. Car only took two days to fix. BMW CS UK are pretty good at making dealers pull their fingers out their backsides and they were involved in my case. Surely it's easier than costly lawsuits! But your are across the pond...
Appreciate 0