01-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #17
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by simianspeedster View Post
You make it sound as if I'm comparing a school bus and a tug boat. A 128i and a 335i are not worlds apart. Same basic chassis, same layout, similar weight distribution, similar suspension tuning and they come from the same era of the same company. In short, they're considerably more alike than different.

The basic question is the same: are there any advantages to keeping a staggered layout on a 128i given the lighter weight and lighter power? I'm simply asking for the advice of other 128i owners about their experiences.
I'm running 225 front 245 rear. The car feels much more planted from the 205 front 225 I had earlier from the sport package. In terms of turning it feels the same, mostly because the difference from front to rear is the same.

However, I have heard from others that going square reduces understeer. I can still break traction so we aren't lacking that much power ; ). Unfortunately I haven't gone square yet so I can't comment on that.

in addtion, I am sure you will have to do something to the OEM sport suspension if you go 235 in the front. I feel like I am barely not rubbing

Last edited by Greenkirby21; 01-22-2013 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 0