ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Got it. I just sent you one back! lol

Basically... I re-bled my CDV twice when doing the install. Then a week later I bled it again. Its very hard to get all the air out of the clutch system.

Dack
Did it. Took my time to get all the air out from the system as well. Thanks God, my mechanic is even more OCD than me, love the guy!

First did the brakes cause I wanted to flush all old brake fluid and fill it with new stuff (Super Blue DOT4), it was time do that anyway, the car is getting close to 2 years old (from day of production). So we sucked the old fluid as much as possible, put the pressure bleader and new fluid, bled the brakes and when finished with them, installed the modified CDV and bled the clutch. All in all we needed just a liter of brake fluid, I was expecting 2! I am sure that we bled all four brakes as well as clutch pretty text book way and saw the new "blue" fluid bleeding, still just 1 liter.

Both brakes and clutch seemed totally fine on the way back home.

1-2 shifts as well 2-1 or neutral to 1 progressed neatly but I can't call it night and day since I was always quite satisfied with the stock too. This little mod cures the vague/blurred feeling and lack of control which used to happen in lower gears especially when cold and in slow driving. Gear changing and clutch feeling reminds me my first BMW now ('97 318 ti) and I say it as a compliment since that car's gearbox and clutch were simply perfect; light, sweet and very neutral which mostly disappeared from newer BMWs later on.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0