View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #13
MrKepan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18MY M2 BSM 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuS View Post
Does the sound a bit more like a clang than a bang? lol If it sounds like a rubber mallet being hit hard against your rear rotor, then there's a big chance it's the same thing I had. Took it to the dealer 3 times before they blamed me for getting a rock somewhere in the rear assembly. They explained (remember, I'm not a tech) where the handbrake is clamping on part of the rotor and it's occasionally is being squeezed up and ontop of it. Then, when it decides to release, there's a huge metallic thumping clang noise. They adjusted my auto adjusting handbrake 3 times. To this day, I feel that if I pull on it hard enough the problem will come back. I drive a step, so I can get around NOT using the handbrake.
Sound a lot like when you drove off a curb or a drive way, the underbody bottomed out and hit the concrete and your heart sank. It was sort of a CLANG, sounds mechanical than engine knocking sound.

I always pull the hand brake when I park. Next time I'll pull extra hard to see if I can duplicate the problem. Thanks for the advice.
Appreciate 0