02-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #20
JefryHorizon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bus Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by M34lnch View Post
Thanks for this. It sounds like your pads were worn. Mine have 8mm left on them, and I have been to two dealers already. Do you think they were comment on my "dealer shopping" if I try a third one?

Well, I got my car back today and according to the service log they're confirming what everyone else is saying about the sensor contacting the rotor due to a slightly warped rotor or uneven surface area. They replaced my front pads, said they didn't need replacing but they went ahead with it anyways. The rears they said had plenty of wear left. All 4 rotors were replaced as were the sensors. They also did a fluid flush since maintenance was due.

As a BMW owner especially in a newer model, you undoubtedly have the privilege to go "dealer service shopping". I originally purchased my pre-owned at Long Beach BMW/MINI, found 3 scrapes on the vehicle after purchase which led me to take her back. They fixed 1 of the 3 scratches and gave me some touch up paint for the other two. I live in Studio City and driving all the way down there didn't seem worthwhile anymore so per a friend's recommendation I started going to BMW Burbank. Starting off with a battery issue and rear tail lights flickering, they neglected to fix both issues. Next was New Century BMW which is a few miles from where I live, not as friendly as they should have been.. Finally I met a guy who used to work as a tech at Beverly Hills BMW, he recommended an SA there who has so far shown me nothing but good results regarding ANY issue I've ran into. However, this last visit, he was on a long vacation and had another SA fill in instead. At first I was very skeptical about getting anything done, but I was wrong. All my complaints were taken into consideration despite working with this SA for the first time. Goes to show its not just the SA or people you may know on the inside, its also the dealer and their choice of priority.. customer or BMW NA.

Appreciate 0