///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
Believe it or not I had a nice long reply I was sending on my phone and the mobile forum app failed to send it and all was lost. I never got around to re-sending it but will when I get a chance again.
Hah, gotcha, thx for that, and look frwd to your reply.

On an unrelated matter since we were discussing spacers. I am kinda on the fence frankly, yet I say this running (10mm) spacers myself on the 1M. I thought about playing devil's advocate on the pros (better look) vs. cons of running spacers, and here is what I came up with as far as 'cons':

1. Increasing wear on wheel bearings,
2. Adding an extra pound of unsprung weight at each corner,
3. Lowering the effective spring rate,
4. Raising a rooster tail of water spray to trailing cars,
5. Reducing top speed acceleration due to drag of more exposed tire beyond wheel well,
6. Adding an extra sheer surface on a longer wheel bolt,
7. Changing the kingpin axis which reduces steering accuracy and may affect the ESP /yaw control computer's parameters.

Now, I'm playing devil's advocate here as you can tell, all ^^^ really become a factor if one is using a 25mm+ spacer setup IMO. I will eventually go with an aftermarket wheel setup where the offset is such that I get the stance I like without running spacers, just have to see which wheels I like the best. The ones you are running on your car are certainly among my fave What ET are those BTW?
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0