View Single Post
      04-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

That type of thing really annoys me. It shows 3 things:
1. Dishonesty - accidents happen, but at least own up to your mistakes.
2. Lack of respect for other people's property - if you break something that belongs to someone else, you should fix it. Don't we teach that to our children - maybe it's just me, but that's what we tought our kids
3. Incompetent driving - if you aren't capable of competant judgement, hand in your license.

I have a "pet peeve" with 4wd owners. I'm of the view that their vehicles instill in them an inappropriate level of confidence in their own ability and safety in their vehicles, which results in complete disregard for all other road (and carpark) users. For the most part, they are some of the most selfish drivers on the road, and appear quite happy with that role.

Every time a family friend announces that they've "bought the wife a 4wd", I reponds to "the wife" with - "Gee, I always though of you as a good driver. Most blokes buy those for their wives to wrap them in sheet metal so they don't hurt themselves or the kids." -- So far 2 4wd's have been replaced with a month of purchase - no BS!

I'm picking a 4wd did it!!!! nothing emotional in that statement.

I'm not making light of your situation, quite the opposite - it infuriates me that folks like us have to do "laps" of a carpark to find a spot where we think we're safe from the perils of incompetant and careless drivers, and 4wd's.

Sorry for your "scars", but they are fixable, and it'll be good as new.
Appreciate 0