View Single Post
      11-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #27
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf2002 View Post
Wheel changing, don't bother with jack-stands, they'r a PIA... go with a nice lower profile jack and a BMW jack pad from http://burgertuning.com/BMW_jack_pad_adapter.html
I'm totally and completely not understanding how this adapter works. Do you mean you jack up the central jack point in the front, with this adapter, and change the front wheels, and then lower it and do that in the back?

Cause right now, this is the solution I'm living with, too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
I'm starting to wonder if we're talking about the same thing. To make sure, these are the jack stands I have:

I insert the adapter just like the piece of wood you can see in this pic (borrowed from another thread), place the stands sideways like the red ones, and lower onto the stands. These stands are flatter than mine, and I guess my stands are flatter than yours, so maybe it won't fit, but there's no problem with my stands.

Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.
Appreciate 0