United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW328_ View Post
Well kind of... I have 10k saved. I already have spot for a job when I get the car. about 250$ on weekends.And I also sell stuff on ebay for friends and get 100$ average per month . My dad doesn't live with me, so my mom talked to him to split it with her. I was hoping to get a used 128i... but I can't find any. Any idea when there will be more available? UNDER 30k
The 1 series has been in the US for less than two years, so you won't start seeing more used 128's until people start turning in their leases or decide to trade-in/sell their cars. I'm sure you're also aware that the 1 series is also a low volume seller compared to the 3 series.

Regarding finances and being a new 16 year old driver, you should take a read through this thread from a previous 16 year old. It has lots of good advice about young drivers and finances. Generally, the consensus is to not blow all your money on a new(ish) car that you would struggle to afford, say if you lost your job. This of course, doesn't mean you have to buy a POS as a first car. There are plenty of nice used, affordable, fun cars out there that many of us would be happy to suggest if you are curious (many older used BMW's for example). Whatever car(s) you are considering, don't forget to check the insurance rates on them. Being that you are 16, insurance certainly won't be cheap.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254207