View Single Post
      10-11-2016, 11:56 PM   #1
Newguy123
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Nissan Titan

7.5" VRSF race intercooler.... review

Hey guys I ordered a VRSF 7.5" race intercooler today directly from their website. I couldn't really find many reviews on this unit so I will post before and after data logs with my n55 Pure S2 so we can see how well this unit cools. I know they recommend cars with over 600whp run this unit, I'll be running around 500whp. hybrids run hot so I think this unit will do well for me.

***UPDATE

So I got the FMIC installed on Saturday, took about 4 hours in total. I followed the instructions in this link http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...t+bumper+cover
to remove the front bumper. Thanks @Houtan! It came packaged pretty well no dents or dings or bent fins. Surprising b/c this unit is pretty heavy. I ordered the up pipe with it and everything fit no problem. My friend brought over a Milwaukee tool that's used for cutting drywall to cut the upper portion of the plastic shown in pics below. You can see how clean of a cut that it made down below in the pic showing the FMIC mounted. Would highly recommend this tool for the job especially with the oil cooler and condenser right behind where you need to cut. Fit and finish on this thing was spot on 10/10 in my book. My only complaint is how heavy the unit is but that's bar and plate for yah haha.
Pics of 4th gear pull posted below in 59* ambient weather on stock FMIC..

****UPDATE #2

Went out and took some logs tonight drove about 20 miles.

Cliff notes
It was roughly 8* warmer tonight then it was last time I logged with stock FMIC. Tonight's ambient temp was 67*.
The data shows this FMIC is working VERY VERY well!! Before I was seeing a 35-40* rise in IAT doing a 3rd and 4th gear pull. Now with the new VRSF race intercooler my IATs are actually colder at the end of the pull then the start temperature of the pull! This intercooler kicks ass and my PWM looks to be pretty unchanged very happy so far more logs and data to come after MHD gets put on.
Attached Images

Fuel-It! direct port meth injection
check out my youtube channel here

Last edited by Newguy123; 10-24-2016 at 11:13 PM..
Appreciate 0