Thread: New Member
View Single Post
      05-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
lurker
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru

Thanks for the info guys. Purchase price is interesting. I have the 135i brochure in front of me and I know the options from seeing the car:

Base price: $72800
PDC F+R: $715
Sunroof: $2920
Adaptive headlights: $940
Comfort Access: $1500
BMW Nav Pro: $5050
Hifi 10 Pro: $2080
Electric seat Memory: $2910
Lumbar: $640
iPod interface: ????

I get $89.5k without on-road costs. $92.5k seems about right to me with onroad costs. Also, having seen the car, and gone down the options list, it has almost every one except the active steer. Logic 7 is no metioned in the brochure. Have I calculated wrong, or was BMW offering good discounts around a year ago. Also prices have probably gone up in the last year from BMW. What is a realistic driveaway price on a new 135i with similar options right now given the current economy? Are BMW offering discounts? Should I buy new?

I realise a car is not an asset, but I am buying this for different reasons to most, and know that I will be selling it in about 18 months. My plan was just to get a nice car for 18 months and then maximise return. I had hoped that the poor economy would get me a near new car with alot of depreciation and hopefully when I come to sell the economy will be better, and I do not wear as much depreciation. Time will tell. I am going to lose money and have a great car to enjoy for 18 months. Any car I own will depreciated, but hopfully I can own a nicer car with similar levels of depreciation to a new cheaper car.

I know a thing or two about keeping licenses!! My track car WRX is registered and would leave the 135i for dead... 250kW ATW, AWD and 400m in mid 11s. But with no interior, and race suspension, it is not so good for day to day!!
Appreciate 0