View Single Post
      08-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #33
Ev0lutionSm0ke
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by syenisch View Post
You're in the same position I am - I am 22 years old, am currently an intern at Lockheed Martin making a pretty good buck for an intern, and am 99% sure I am set for a full time position if I want it when I graduate in December w/ my mechanical engineering degree. If I work full time at Lockheed, I will live at home and have next to no expenses. I won't even have to pay that much in gas to get to work - my dad works at Lockheed too. I will pitch in for food (my moral decision) and that's about it. It's really tempting to go place an order TODAY, but I'm holding off. I don't want to take a car like that up to college where it'll probably get beat up by mindless spoiled sorority girls and bake in the sun all day (this car should be garaged). It's tough, and I'll probably end up caving early next year after I've graduated, even though it's probably not a good idea financially. It's easy to convince yourself you deserve a reward for all your hardwork (good GPA, no drugs, etc.)

Damn man, Lockheed is a great place. I work for constellation energy. but yeah i know exactly what you mean with the Good GPA, and no drugs. You see so many of your friends get into drugs, and still have nice cars. Which makes you feel you deserve something great for everything you have acheived.
Appreciate 0