03-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #30
darkvaderr
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1M ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
$6K is too aggressive of a guess, why would it actually cost more than the one for the M3, which is even more complicated, has more materials, etc.? And they would be pricing themselves out if the exhausts costs 15% of the car. We sre not talking about an exotic car here.

A lot will depend on the Euro conversion, which is not helping one bit, but I'd venture it has to be way less than $6K, prolly half that, if they want to have meaningful sales.
Why is it way too aggressive?
I would assume they are going to make a full titanium system, not a slip-on or steel one.
And a full titanium system, is $5000 for the 335i one, $5800 for the M3 one. Not to mention, there's no reason it would be less complicated or have less material (unless you're talking about the few inches less of pipe they need; but even then) than the M3 or 335i.
Not to mention, there are a lot more 335i's and M3's; which is why they'll most likely only make one system (full titanium), with the lack of potential customers. And with fewer potential units sold cause of the smaller market, they'll have to recoup that in a high price.
Even if it doesn't end up at $6000+(a small markup over the M3 model), it definitely won't be cheaper than the $5000 335i price point.
For what you want, half of $6000, you can just barely buy the slip-on titanium system for the 335i.
Don't mean to be the Debbie Downer here, but with so few of us, I doubt they'll make the 3 systems that M3 and 335i owners are offered, and they definitely wont price whatever they release at a price point under their M3 and 335i counterparts.
Appreciate 0