View Single Post
      10-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #40
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I suspect these cracks are caused by over tightening of the mirror triangles (from the inside of the door panel) when the car was assembled. I would just have your mirrors replaced at your local dealer and have them open a PUMA case for this. I am sure BMW must know what is going on.
When I toured Leipzig they said they keep files on who built each car at each station the car travels thru at the factory. So they know who makes mistakes and after so many problems are detected... they can reassign said worker to some other dept IF they keep making mistakes. lol I wonder if the same guy(or gal) was responsible for all these cracks. ?
Must most definitely have rung a bell at BMW in the meantime. Too many side mirrors feature minor cracks. Very recently also a Belgian 1M now reported minor cracks. Both side mirrors of his 1M will be replaced under warranty. Over and over again the same spot as reported repeatedly over here: the upper part of the small stubby part that does not move. Was probably no good idea to let Chuck Norris mount the mirror triangles at the Leipzig factory. I did not check mine yet.