View Single Post
      04-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #12
arok
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgame View Post
My smaller hands helped in the install process, no trouble at all getting the stock box off the intake tubing.

The instructions that come with this intake are complete rubbish and if i'm aloud to say, I think they are made over seas. Don't be intimidated by the 50+ steps w/pictures in the installation guide, you will find out (probably while scratching your head for 10 minutes) that 2 pages are only for the 335 while 2 pages are only for the 135.

Problems I ran into:

Mounting the power steering bracket was a PITA, that manual doesn't really show you where to drill the hole so it's kind of a guessing game. I ended up trimming some plastic near the hole I drilled to get it to work. Once that was done it was smooth sailing.

with jb3 in default map 3 it sounded pretty cool. Nice whirl from the turbos at around 3k RPM. I put it in map4 (lagfix) and it sounds really bad ass. Can hear those turbos just about 1k RPM.

I can't say I notice a power difference but I wasn't expecting to. I will post dyno results (stock w/intake, map4, map6) tuesday evening.
wait, you have to drill a hole in something to install this?