Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AT Monaco Blue

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
Hey, I just wanted to revive this thread to say one thing I love so much about my 1er, which has been a totally underrated mod since I did it: Carly.

I got Carly so I could code the digital speedo and set it to be 100% accurate on the dash, and while I was there I found the option to disable the seatbelt warning sound.

You know when you get in the car and throw your bag on the passenger seat?

... Then when you get up to speed it starts screeching at you and you're either pushing your bag off to the floor in front of the seat or trying to buckle up the passenger seat seatbelt while driving down the highway. Yeah, I haven't had to do that for months. It's awesome. Thanks Carly.

I drove my wife's subaru yesterday and was reminded of how f*ckin' annoying that is, and I never have to worry about it in my 1er.

Anyway, it's the small things that bother you every single day that I've been able to fix incrementally after getting this car. That seatbelt thing is awesome.

The SmartTop 'single push' to open and close the roof of my vert was an equally important modification for me, and I love that too - but I really think that was one I should not have had to make. (F*ck you BMW, that 'you must hold the button while the roof completes its operation' was a STUPID design decision)

I got my 1er because it was a little car with no roof and a very big engine. I love it because it's so hackable.
Just read your post and totally agree re the seatbelt warning. A heavy bag on the passenger seat can be very annoying. I bet the digital speedo is handy too.