View Single Post
      12-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #20
Thaddy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RotorRX7 View Post
I just drove my 135i today that has been one of the test cars for COBB's AccessPort. I used to run the JB3 2.0 on setting 6. My only engine modification are straight pipe for muffler. I can attest that the car has more power, especially in the upper end, in comparison to that setting. I think this has to do with being able to control the throttle, which the stock BWM program starts to partially close in the upper rpm range. I don't think the piggybacks can overide this function. I'm sure Rob will be better able to discuss.
Anyway, I'm sure everyone will agree the biggest benefit is not having to switch out the harness everytime a dealership trip is needed.
Aside from a safe and more powerful tune, increased throttle response was the biggest thing I liked with the AP for the EJ25. I really hope Cobb gets rid of whatever steps and limits BMW coded into the N54/N55. In my short experience with my 135i, it's not linear.

And yes, the plug and play functionality is incredibly appealing. It's the main reason why I never considered the JB3 or the Procede.
Appreciate 0