ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notion-Za View Post
Hey Oz,

yes that was me. The results speak for themselves. When we first had a run with each other he had his roof down. We were neck in neck then. It's amazing what happens when that roof is up. I'll try get another vid with his roof down.

Running in 3rd gear at those same speeds would have given the advantage to the M due to the lower down torque. We used 2nd as both cars were in their power band.

The launch isn't the problem for him. I have the advantage because he doesn't want to use launch control because it kills the clutch and they aren't cheap to replace. The Ferrari is a better car no doubt. The astonishing thing is that comparing the price of these two cars and their performance. The exhaust note and the gearbox in that F430 make it worth every penny imo.

With a chip in the 1M things will be much closer when his roof is up. I also think my bro has gotten a lot more comfortable in his car That second launch saw him wheel spinning like a mad man in 1st. Blue smoke every where. Really wish I caught that on film.

Not hating on either car. One day I hope I can be as lucky as he is and own a fezza. South Africa is about 1500feet above sea level so at the coast the results would see an even bigger gap.
No launch control and altitude explain it better now
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0