View Single Post
      03-24-2007, 06:37 AM   #16
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

The drama will soon be over when we start seeing more spy-pics sans camo.
Scott27 has posted the places the 1-er coupe will be shooting press photos (eg, this week in San Francisco and Sydney Australia).
Some intrepid photographer is bound to catch more pics. I think the whole thing will be settled in the next week.

This is how crazy cat and mouse it is...the quote is from a photographer in SF trying to hunt down the 1-er shoot and Scott27 giving him hints.

Quote:
However my source says it was an Audi shoot. Is BMW sneaky enough to officially shoot their pics under "Audi"?

Scott 27:YES. You missed the car at DeYoung it was moved to and from location in that trailer did you see the accompanying BMW X5 (E70)?

So basically Scott's revealed that BMW is filing permits with the location's
local government as "Audi" and to look for a trailer and X5. This is pretty outrageous. BMW is actually tipping off amateurs working the hype and press angle...I think mostly for internet exposure among the rabid fans (ahem-ahem). I used to think that Scott27 had lines into BMW for his info but I'm 90% sure now he works for them on various projects and "unofficially" is their internet mouthpiece.

Someone could do a pretty interesting research piece on how info...specialized/targeted is leaked to the world via sites like this one.
It seems to me that this is a huge new trend in the dissemination of news...global and immediate.
Appreciate 0