View Single Post
      01-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
I doubt a dealer will have much of an issue with an upgraded FMIC or BOV. They mainly hate downpipes and tunes.

Technically you aren't really voiding your warranty anyways, it's just that your car will be entered into their database as modded and warranty work will be denied. Some who modify claim the Moss-Magnuson Act, etc. protects them. These people claim that the dealer has to prove your mod was the cause of the issue. That may be true once you take the dealer/manufacturer to court but who really wants to have to do that. In the short term the warranty work would still be denied.

My FBO modded 135 has been entered into BMW's database as modded and not eligible for suspension or drivetrain warranty work since the first time I went in for regular maintenance. It did cause me a little hassle trying to get an HPFP replaced before the recall occurred. Fortunately my car is now 4 yrs old and off the warranty (other than the HPFP) and I never had any issues.

I guess the mentality behind most modders is they really don't think anything will go wrong. And if it does, it just means they now can do even more mods. Now that my car is 4 yrs old, it's getting about time for me to replace/mod some of my worn parts anyways including bigger turbos (Rob Beck, etc), M style front bumper, lightweight battery, etc!

Btw, have you heard an N54 with a dual cone intake, exhaust mods, etc but without a BOV. They still make tons of turbo noises, plenty to me, but of course a BOV, etc is a personal preference thing.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.

Last edited by Eyeman; 01-05-2013 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0