01-22-2008, 11:50 AM   #14
coolguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue135 View Post
I am confused about my production week... It was week 6, then changed to week 4. Now, they tell me Feb. 4. I am planning to call them again today, but I need to wait until lunch.

I travel during the week, so I wasn't able to go to the Auto Show during supplier days. We did end up going on Sunday. Have you been yet?

There were soooooo many people crowded around the 135 on Sunday that I didn't get to spend quality time with it. It was the first time I saw one in person. And, after sitting in it, I am a million times more excited about it! :biggrin:
Congrats on jumping to week4. Wish the same could happen to me:biggrin:
This is my story I posted earlier on the main forum of 1addicts:

I have been to the detroit autoshow today(Saturday) and have spent some 6 hrs roaming around the 1 er from 9 in the morning telling my spouse at home that I have been looking at other cars

I also met ur2slow and we shared our enthusiasm together On my views, I like the 135's muscular stance and the rear fenders are awesome. They look a lot better in the real world than in the pics. Trust me on this. The front headlamps aren't as pronounced as in pics and the so called defect on the top middle of the headlamps is very very negligible. You can't feel it really. I am 6'2" and might be a 5'4" can sit in the back seat but I can't see myself convincing my friends to sit in the back The sports seats are fantastic and one should get the sports package just for the seats and the thick nice feeling steering wheel. The dash is clean & nice but the navi seems like an afterthought and doesn't blend well. Trunk is decent and the battery compartment is very easily accessible if you wanna fiddle. I really like the cool exhaust tips and the rear lip is suttle but nice. I never thought I would like the taillights but in real they add to the fast and sporty nature of our little monster

The few gripes I had are the throws on the manny are long and I am not overawed by the clutch(I thought it would be much tighter or foot hugging). In comparision I felt the clutch and gears on the 08 subaru wrx were more slick. Might be the short throw available optional on the 335 might do the trick?
Appreciate 0