View Single Post
      06-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #90
MyCorvette
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmagic View Post
Hmmm...could this have changed for 2011? As I said in my previous post, the sales brochure for the 2011 specifically says that "The M Sport chassis is lowered by 0.6" for tighter handling when cornering and a more aggressive look."

So I asked Joern Esser, my salesman at Passport, who put me in touch with Roland Pintilie, Passport's Master Shop Foreman. Mr. Pintilie (an extremenly nice guy!) wrote to me to say that he researched the technical manuals for me, and that "M suspension would be 10mm lower in the front and rear, the spring ratio, shock absorbers and stabilizer bars are different parts from the regular sport package."

So it appears that, for 2011, at least, there's a difference between the Sport and M Sport suspensions. I went with M Sport.

Oh, by the way, greetings all! I just ordered a 135i convertible in Space Gray with Moonlight top and Savannah Beige interior (and EVERY SINGLE option offered!), for Euro Delivery. I go to Germany in August to drive the car.

Looking forward to getting a lot of great info from this board!
Please take a look at the specification on the BMW official website:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...fications.aspx

It states that the height of 128i is 56 inch, and the 135i is 55.4 inch. The 135i has sport suspension as standard so that's why all 135i are 0.6 inch lower than 128i. I guess this is what the sales brochure means. You don't need to get any package to decrease that 0.6 inch, once you ordered a 135i, the '0.6 inch lower' is standard.

I also asked my SA to check the suspension's part number for 2011 135i. He took 2 different 135i in their stock (one has M sport and the other doesn't), and look at the part label sticker on them, result: they are all the same.

In fact, if M sport is another 10mm lower than the regular sport, you can definitely visually tell the height difference for the M sport 135i.
Appreciate 0