View Single Post
      10-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #30
UJackM
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Everyone continues to look at the initial base prices of the 128 and 135. Who here really believes that they will be able to get either one anywhere close to that price considering that BMW will factory install most of the options. The german car companies have historically delivered cars to NA with most of what their market research tells them we want, and price it all as a la cart. It tends to be a more expensive car that japanese models.
Still, all of that said and off my chest I still want to buy a 135. Note: my current ride G35.
I was pleasantly surprised when I took a trip to a BMW dealer yesterday and found they had a couple of "vanilla" 328's. No metalic paint, nothing other than automatic. If you are trying to get in the line to grab the first few ones, they would be loaded, but if you wait for a while or order your own, I am sure you can get one close to the base price + destination charge. I was surprised that red ones were non existent. I am either going for non-metalic red or the blue one (I am not happy that Le Mans Blue is not offered).
Appreciate 0