View Single Post
      04-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

the screws underneath the bumper

so i was having fun trying to (re-fit) and (re-tighten) all the screws located in underneath the bumper of my 1m, and also on the sides...

I dont have any trouble it tightening them up, which is only 2 on each sides of the fender liner, which i tight them (hard like 95%)
i had not experience with DIY and stuff, i notice that the screws underneath the bumper, was not tight enough (for me).
so i decided to tight them up one-by-one, until one screw (right side-from RHD side) - there are three screws, one of them maybe because i was tightening it up to tight till it loosen when it reach its max level. so it cannot be as tight as the other, it has its own (max-level) then when we turn the screw again it will be lossen again.

does anyone have any trouble with this, i believe that the housing of the screw are torn up or broke. is it easy to replace it? or should i replace the whole (inside part of the bumper)..

well i'll be having my running-in service next week, so i may be able to do something, currently the broken screw housing, i turn it as tight as possible, i'm also worried that i might've broke other screw housing again since i turn them so powerfully, especially those one in the fender liner near the "air curtain" (its so hard to join the air curtain and fender liner to perfect fitment)

anyways sorry for my "unnecessary sharing", and for my bad english. just a being a normal petrolhead, making big of a deal when it comes to cars.
Appreciate 0