Sarracino89
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128i Black on Black

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
Sam, good information, as always. More questions about how the AEs are wired up in your headlights.

You mentioned that they're wired to the parking lights. Does this mean that if you code the car for the "corner delete mod" (i.e., coding the car to remove the front sidemarker lights so they only light up as turn signals, as they are in Europe) you will lose the AEs? I assume they are actually wired to what, in the normal halogen lights, is the city light found in the high beam reflector? Otherwise, I think they would blink with the turn signal??

Anyway, my questions may be numerous, but I promise that they're all in trying to determine whether or not we can truly wire up the LED AEs to be DRLs (note, they would not be controlled via the BC DRL option) and then parking lights whenever the light switch is on (either via Auto, or physically turned to On).

Finally, anyway you can find out if the AEs, as you're currently running them, are running on the full 12v? Or, are they running a reduced voltage? If they're running a reduced voltage, then we should be able to mimic the factory implementation (i.e., bright during the day, dimmed when the lights are on). If, on the other hand, they're running the full 12v when the lights are on, then we would have to figure out a way to step up the voltage to get them brighter during the day. Of course, then I have questions about the LEDs being used for this conversion. Anyway to get the specs on them?
I will try to find out the answers to this question today. What I do know is that, they can in fact be wired to be used as DRLs, and that they don't blink with the turn signals. Again I will see if I can get the answered asap. More questions=more clarity ...... so ask away
Appreciate 0