11-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
My car will also be totally Unmolested in 10 years. By the way BMW built the 1M just for me you all knew that right

I waited 40 years for this car, no way I'm going to put aftermarket stuff on my car.
Sure you have a good point but I don't see upgrading my tires to PSS in stock size or putting a better exhaust which does not drone as molesting the car. So there really is a line which every owner defines himself. I only make the kind of stuff that I consider as "should come this way from factory" and doing that I use BMW parts if possible. Also changing badly designed stock units like the charge pipe is hardly molesting the car, that is strengthening the stock car as it is. I have zero intention for power hike or performance figures but lots of desire to make this car as reliable and responsive as possible and there are certain points that BMW got cheap during its design or just overlooked a potential problem.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0