View Single Post
      10-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Out With the Old in With the New or Not So New

As some of you already know my 135i was T Boned by someone running a red. Good news was that I had no passenger, I turned out alright with just minor lacerations on my arm, and that she didn't hit my wheels or mods LOL.

After the accident I decided I wanted to get into an M car. I felt that the E46 M3 offered everything I'd be happy with at a great price. My expectations have so far been blown away. The handling on the E46 M3 far exceeds my 135i even though I had the e9x M3 front suspension + KW V2's on it. It doesn't have the power that my FBO 135i had but I feel as if the much better handling makes up for it. Only negative part is the maintenance is pretty expensive. For example I ordered an oil change kit, diff fluid change kit and tranny fluid change kit and my total came up to over $350 using all OEM fluids not including any labor I'll have to pay.

The color might be a bit to flashy since on a daily basis I get asked by strangers if it's the original color of the car or not. But it definitely looks much better in person than in all the pictures for some reason.

2003.5 E46 M3
108k miles

Options:
Phoenix Yellow
Sunroof Delete
Black M-Cloth interior
Non powered seats
6 Speed MT
Piano Black Trim
Key Hole Delete
Headlight Washer Delete

Mods:

VMR V710 19” Matte Black Wheels (8.5F-245/35, 9.5R-275/30) w/Nitto Invos (2K miles)
ST Coilovers
Performance Friction Direct Drive 2 piece floating rotors w/ Z-rated pads (3K miles)
BMW OEM Alarm
K&N 57 Cold Air Intake w/maf screen
BMW Short Throw Shift Kit
Macht Schnell Shift knob
Turner Motorsport Pedals
ZKW-R HID lens’s w/6K bulbs
Alcantara Tri-Stitch Steering wheel (w/wheel stripe)
Alcantara Tri-Stitch shift and E-brake boot
Autotecknic Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Trim
ACS Carbon Fiber Trunk Spoiler
Custom floormats w/Yellow piping
Yellow high-beam flashers
6000K HID foglight kit
Euro Tray (sliding)
Carbon Fiber BMW Roundels
Matte Black side grills and Kidney grills
Matte Black M3 emblem
Color Matched Side Markers
Smoked Clear Corners
Adjustable Clutch Stop
LED license plate lights
DIY “Outer Taillight Ring” mod

Last edited by cooler2442; 10-12-2013 at 10:43 PM..
Appreciate 0