01-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #41
p66
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN View Post
Philip -

I don't have any good data to back it up, but feel that I can get on the gas just a bit earlier when coming out of a turn with the stiffer front bar.

BTW, how much did you lower your car and do you have any rubbing with the 275 in front?

Neil
Neil, I'll need to go check my notes. I'm not at home at the moment. I should probably just go measure where it's at with stock wheels/tires. I think I lowered it about an inch. But don't quote me. Regardless, I have no rubbing and I could probably lower it more. I'm using a 9.5" x 18" Arc 8s with an et35 and a 10mm spacer. Not my preferred wheel et but I got the set super cheap and an adjusted et of 25 is perfect. I'm running about -3.0 camber in front and I have a lot of margin on the fender side. No reasonable margin left on the suspension side with a 275 hoosier R6. I've contemplated getting a 285 and trying it out. It might just fit. I would need a 15mm spacer.

The rears are 10.5" et 27. 295 R6's were rubbing ever so slightly on the suspension side passenger fender liner and on the gas filler tube. I added a 3mm spacer for clearance. What a mess that would have been had a rubbed a hole in the gas filler tube. Yikes.

Philip
Appreciate 0