View Single Post
      10-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #1
taylor82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Pricing Polls - Get a grip!

Why are so many people on this forum obsessed with whether the 128 wil come in at $25k or $29k or will the 135 cost $32k or $37k? i thought this forum was for ensthusasts not dreamers thinking they might be able to buy a BMW for the price of a VW!? Are people trying to fool themselves into thinking the price will come in low? For the sake of a few k here and there it's still an absolute bargin for you guys in America. In the UK the 135 is just short of £30k, that equates to around $60k! People have said the 1er is the entry level model (which i don't persoanlly agree with), but at the end of the day it is a BMW, just because it's "entry level" doesn't mean cheap, just look at other brands, if Bentley were to bring out a new "entry level" car would it be cheap? no because you still have to pay for quality! Cheap = comprimised quality. i for one would prefer to pay a little more for a car to have that quality finish which is one of the resons why i have owned a BMW for the past 5 years and why i don't own a Nissan, Toyota/Lexus or any other plastic japanese car! Anyone who would says "if the 1er is $2k more i'll buy a nissan" doesn't understand what extra the 1er would be offering in terms of engineering and qulity and simply doesn't appreciate anything but that blue & white badge on the front!

So how about this for a poll, is the 135 over priced should it be yours for $36500 or the 128 over priced at $29500?

Sorry for the abrupt thread but i'm sick of people dreaming of low prices, ain't gonna happen, it hasn't in the UK and it won't in the US!
Appreciate 0