View Single Post
      04-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #16
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

It was great..

Dan and I got trophies for 2nd and 3rd in our class!!!! wooooo-hooo !!!

Dan ran a 1:06.xxx I ran a 1:08.xxx ... a full 2.5 seconds better than last year !! Dan always beats me... He is a very smooth driver..

we had clear skies till the last session and then it rained.... we considered not going out... but it wasnt that bad, so we went.. we agreed to follow each other and watch out. we agreed if either of us felt uncomfortable, we would pit and the other would follow.. we ended up running the whole session and had a great time.

But let me tell you something about driving in the rain......You learn and have a whole new respect for speed and car control.. ( espically getting on the throttle coming out of the corners. My front straight speed was just about equal to my speed in the dry... maybe 5mph slower.. I hit about 110+++ in the rain before braking at the 600 foot mark... on a few laps in the rain i tried to brake a little deeper, just to see... Mental note... dont do this in the future.. ABS really does work LOL

Sway bar felt good... Brakes were still very good >>> still OEM pads BTW <<<( although on the BBK PBX box made the difference i was looking for exiting the corners, so overall it was a success..

I plan on putting on CoolCarbons soon.. theses pads have 3 auto-x's and 2 track days.. already down to 6mm ( 11-12mm when new)

Next event im doing is EMRAS NJMP event... this may be good for you.. its just west of atlantic city
a few pics...
Attached Images