06-19-2015, 05:34 PM   #33
Ginger_Extract
California-bound
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuj View Post
awesome, thanks guys. Really appreciate the comments on my driving, and welcome any feedback. I try my best to be smooth. I have done several SCCA Evolution autocross schools and they have always emphasized smooth driving inputs and a controlled approach.

I was surprised to be so far off his stock Boxster time, but he and his other drivers have A LOT of time on this track. Obviously for me, my first time. I watched a video from him a few days before I drove the track to learn the line and the corners and I think that helped tremendously.

Also on review of my video, there seems to be a couple places where I think I could have shifted up into 3rd and maybe gained a little more speed before braking. Where do you guys shift at (what rpm)?

I do think I could brake later, especially at the end of the front straight, but I didn't want to tax the stock OEM pads and fluid too hard my first time out.

So I'm thinking for next time, hopefully some sticky street compounds (thinking about the Potenza RE-71's?), maybe some new brake pads and definitely DOT5 or similar fluid. Can you guys recommend a streetable pad that offers some performance increase over OEM?
EBC Yellowstuff-R. They fell about right in the middle of OEM, and Hawk DTC70 for me. Only thing to note about the EBC is that you MUST bed them in with fresh rotors, exactly as EBC instructions say to do, otherwise, pad wear and performance will not be strong. Their instructions are on their website.
Streets of Willow: 1:27.7 CW 11/15/15; 1:29.5 CCW 8/15/15 |||| Autoclub Speedway ROVAL (CCW): 1.52.6 - 12/2/17
Willow Springs - Big Willow (CW): 1:35.8 - 3/31/18 |||| Buttonwillow #13 (CW): 1:59.3 1/27/18
https://www.facebook.com/JakeStumphRacing |||| http://www.youtube.com/user/RaceMeMZ3
Appreciate 0