View Single Post
      03-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #70
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
I test drove the TT-RS (MT) a couple weeks ago and loved it. I don't care if it doesn't teach me how to drive. It was fun, a lot of fun... In the wet, I'd take the Audi anytime because it was so planted and sure. You can have fun in the audi 100% of the time.

Unfortunately, nobody will ever have a 1M in Australia to test drive as they will/are all sold already so can't compare it... I second their comments on the exhaust volume of the Audi, when you just cruising it's loud and droney.

I test drove a Cayman S on the weekend to compare (but it was PDK). Obviously not as quick as TT-RS, but it was much easier to live with day to day. Was as comfortable as the TT-RS but with little noise at everyday cruising. Handling felt better in the Porsche, steering lived up to the hype. Probably just as much boot space in the Porsche as the Audi too.

In Australia the TT-RS goes for $150k (but they will discount more), Cayman S is about $150k too. 1M is $110k, so obviously cheaper and leaves room for mods. The main thing stopping me going for 1M is that the 1series will be obsolete soon and I don't want to 'upgrade' to the same type of car I have now. I think in a year or so it's time to try something new from the Germans :-)
Appreciate 0