View Single Post
      01-12-2014, 10:56 AM   #14
The Dowager Countess
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i M sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 Tii View Post
I wouldn't run R888's on street, yes you can due to deep treads but why prematurely heat cycle them out before getting on track? Plus you'll never get them up to optimal temps on streets. At best you'll get 30 heat cycles if you're cautious with tire management.

Stick with factory rear and only change the front after you've picked a proper spring rate and still feel the need to fine tune things.

H&R cup isn't track worthy in my opinion. If on budget I'd rather go with TCK SA's.

Thanks. I'm opting for Falken Azenis rt-615ks. I have had great luck with these tires in the past.

I did explore the TC Kline options earlier. I like the idea of working with a local shop as I do not have the tools or space to do any of this stuff myself-but maybe I will reconsider the suspension. Again- the dood I am working with at Turner is certainly a knowledgeable guy, but he isn't a suspension guru like TC.

I don't really want to adjustable shocks. In my days racing VWs I always worked with Dick Shine at Shine Racin Services and he really turned me on to how good the right spring, shock and sway bar combo could be....he was never a fan of coil-overs and he was a magician with VWs....Imagine a FWD car with a hint of oversteer- but i digress.

Thanks for all the insight! although now I am nervous the HR kit will suck.
Appreciate 0