View Single Post
      02-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #350
scottn2retro
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Grabbed this thread a bit late, but wow amazing turn out. Loving this track 135i
Thanks - now onto doing the 1M front conversion (anybody know any good 1M conversion threads):

First, I had to get a 1M front bumper, front fenders and front fender liners and see where that gets me. Drilled pilot hole for tow hook.

Put the fenders and front fender liners on. Hehe, look at the gap to the old rear fender liners. Hmm - may need to get 1M rocker panels too

Needed to cut away some of the vent backing on the passenger side front fender liner to clear the Dinan oil cooler and put an extenstion bracket to get the outboard end of the oil cooler attached to the fender edge.

Put in the grills and the front bumper is ready to try on

On the front of the Dinan oil cooler, need to make an extender plate to reach the front bumper

Had some gaps under the front where I either need to make hole filler plates or get 1M undertrays

But overall, not too bad. Those are Apex 18x9.5" et22 wheels with 3mm spacers and 270x18 tires. You can't space out too far without the outside edge of the tires hitting the fender wells when turning.
Appreciate 0