Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I bow to your DIY prowess.

I enjoy a day in my shop as much as anyone, but IO have my limits. Over the past 2 years, I have replaced the brakes and shocks on everything I own including my tow rig (which also got a diesel lift pump installed), the e30, the 1M and the RX-8. The e30 also got all new vacuum lines and new rear wheel bearings/hubs. Did the 1M thermostat and water pump preventatively this year. So far, no oil leaks.

Having said that . . . I would not do the walnut blast. LOL

I had the valves inspected by scope at 40k miles right after I tuned to stage2+, and they looked remarkably good. They were chemically cleaned with a BG product. I have a catch can, which should help after the tune, and I am nearing 60k miles, hence the water pump replacement. I still plan to take the 1M to my favorite N54 indy shop this fall to have all the belts and pulleys inspected, possibly install oil cooler if I need it despite now running lower coolant target at the track, and will have them reinspect the valves.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
johnr265179.00