08-21-2012, 03:40 AM   #61
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post
However if we do some rolling starts then it will be a hell of a lot closer.

Just be wary of the tuned C63. Comparing stock to modded atm, but compare modded to modded and have fun keeping up. The 9s are close
I don't actually agree about the rolling starts, a modded 135 isn't that easier to get cleanly off the line either. Most high powered rear wheel drive cars suffer this (tho you can launch a 911 pretty hard). In my short run ins with C63's it's always been rolling starts and I've always got the immediate jump. Might just be that sweet torque spot, but the turbo has more torque down low than the C63.

Great time slip, what does it take to get one into that territory? That's significantly faster than stock and possibly not cheap to do to get it done right and useable.

I'm not bashing the Merc, I think it's a brutal car and something people like us need. The M3 has been king in that territory for too long while Audi and Merc tried to produce something close. The C63 is just that different (mental) that it has it's own character and flare which is why most of us here would happily own one.
Appreciate 0