View Single Post
      12-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #110
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Interesting thread - so much input in a just a few days! Passionate people around here too!

Almost 52 ;-). Had many interesting used BMW cars before. Most noticeable are 2001 E46/M3, and 2002 E39/M5. Went to hibernation and more modest car for a couple of years (5 to be exact), as wife and I settled into a nice house. My wife has all sorts of health issues, including a couple of mis-carriages. I supported her the best I could, and this was also tough financially.

Fast forward to this summer. I decided to spoil myself, even if it meant pulling money in my retirement fund. Wife approved it too. You only live once, and I may not be here tomorrow, or be healthy enough to enjoy a sports coupe and lapping when I get older (I have a bad back).

I bought my used 2011 135i 6 months ago. Brought her to the track late this summer, and got hooked to lapping. Got to push her hard at the local airport track on a weekly basis, and upgraded to some M3 bits, Cobb tune, camber plates, sticky tires, and other various components to make her more track-worthy. Far from done with the mods. Bridgestone RE-11 tires are almost done after 5000 Miles.

Cant believe the low-end torque and the sound of the engine in this car. Love every minute, and have to constantly fight with myself to not break the speed limits, and drive like an asshole around town.

I DIY everything I can on the car, just for the fealing of accomplishment, and because I get to save money for the next mods. I dont take her out of the garage when the roads are nasty (winter time in Quebec Canada). Can wait for spring to put the summer shoes back on, aggressive Cobb tune, and hit the track!!!
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts

Last edited by dcaron9999; 12-12-2013 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0